Saturday, October 20, 2007

It is finished!!!!!

After 3 and 1/2 years of working on the same cross-stitch, I am happy to say that I finished it today. I have been working on it on and off for years. Some of you may have seen me working on it. It all started back when Eric and I were first married. Eric wanted me to get a hobby because he has many hobbies and I really didn't have any. Eric wanted me to work on my hobby while he "played" his. :) Well here is it.




YW of excellence is tomorrow night and I was determined to finish it today so I can display it tomorrow. I would say that I have easily spent over 200 if not 300 hours on it. So you can understand how excited yet sad I am to finish it. Eric was already on the internet looking for other patterns I could do. When I start a new one, hopefully it won't take me as long next time.

8 comments:

The Petrini Post said...

Wow, that's really pretty. I had no idea you were even working on that, but hey, you actually finished it. I'm known to start things and sometimes take years to finish them too. Way to go. Will you make me one, so I can expect in the mail in about 5 years right? J/K

Coleen said...

That's beautiful! I wish I had the patience to sit down and work on something like that. I have the exact opposite problem, I have far too many hobbies. They take over my house and my time. You're making me want to take up cross stitching again, though, hehe.

Johnny and Becca said...

Angela this awesome!!! I'm trying to finish mine but that will be a while because I'm trying to work on my jean blanket but I need thread and a few other things. You and Melissa needed to teach me how to do the pictures at the top and a few other things.

britentj said...

Gorgeous!! Way to finish it Angela it is beautyful!!!!
I am known for starting and then not finishing the crossstitches that I do,,, want them????

Cherise said...

I'm impressed Angela! I could never do that, back in high school I tried tiny small ones and finished half of them and gave up. Too much detail even in a small one... Your first one looks professional!

Cindy & Billy said...

congratulations!!!! I still haven't even come close to finishing mine that I stated 7 years ago. I wonder where it is. Hopefully in a box in our other room

Kimberly said...

A few years ago I started a cross stitch for mom for Christmas. Of course I didn’t get it done, and gave her an IOU. For her birthday she got another IOU. Finally the next Christmas I got it done. Because I spent so much time on it I got it professionally framed.

I am very impressed, this one looks twice as big as the one I did. I am very impressed. By the way, I have never cross stitched since.

Kay said...

Good job, Angela! Counted cross stitch is too detailed for me and takes too long to do. Give me some yarn and a big crochet hook and I can finish something! Julie likes to do counted cross stitch and she has a few books full of patterns. Maybe she will share with you if you want.