Saturday, December 1, 2007

What's new with the Bells?

Well, not a whole lot has been going on with us these last couple of weeks. Our thanksgiving was pretty uneventful. We stayed in Las Vegas this year since my parents went to Melissa's for thanksgiving. We did spend the day with Eric's sister's in laws. There was a lot of food and looking through black friday coupons. We watched some football. I am not sure which games we were watching or who was playing. It was fun.

We have started packing up our house. We don't want to come back from Texas and have a lot of work to do. We have cleaned out most of the closets and some cupboards. We have packed away most of our clothes. We took down our dining room table last night. Today we cleaned out most of our bedroom. There is still a lot to do but we are making a big dent. It is nice that we have a garage that we can store all the things we already packed. I am really excited that I only have to teach 6 more days! I am having a tough time motivating my students because they don't want to do anything. I am kind of excited to be done with them. I know that sounds bad but it is hard dealing with 35 eighteen year olds that don't want to do anything I tell them to.

We are looking forward to moving up to Rexburg. I have applied to be a Head Resident at one of the girls dorms on campus. It would be awesome if I get the job but the competition is pretty rough. I figured with all my experience from these last four years I would be one of the top candidates. I should find out next week. We would have free housing and utilities and I would be able to work at home so I can still be a stay at home mom. This would be a great way for Eric to finish school without us getting into debt.

Aaron is still growing and learning. We have so much fun with him around. We took him to the doctor on Wednesday and he currently weighs 15lbs 13oz and he is 26 inches long. That means he is a tall skinny baby. He has learned to beg for attention by squealing and he loves to play with his toys. He is even trying to learn how to sit up. When he is laying down he can lift up his head and shoulders but he still needs our help to sit up. I can tell this kid is going to keep me on my feet once he learns to stay on his. He is teething. He is drooling like crazy and is always bitting his hands. He likes to bite down on our fingers. It will start to hurt once a tooth breaks through.

When we go to Texas we are taking our dog, Sugar, with us. Eric's parents are going to dog sit for a couple of years since there is no housing up in Rexburg that allows pets. We are worried about her because she has been sick the last week. We did change her food on her and I think that is causing her to be sick. Poor girl! We are going to miss her.

Here are some of the pictures we have taken recently. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Alex goes in for his 4 months weigh in tomorrow. I can't wait to get these boys together again. By the way, how is it that you only have 6 more days of school? Haven't you looked at the calendar, this is only the beginning of December not the middle--

Cindy & Billy said...

So you mentioned that you are packing now so you don't have much to do when you get back from texas. Does this mean your still coming. :D I hope so

michelia said...

awww taco is sooo cute :]]