I am so happy. Today I got the job as the head resident at the girl's dorms. Since deciding that we were going to go to Rexburg, Eric and I were a little worried about how we were going to get by financially. Well a few weeks ago I saw an opening for a head resident job. I thought I would go ahead and apply and see what happens. Well after I applied they called me to get to know me a little better. They told me that they were going to go through all the applications and then call their top candidates to interview. Well a week went by and I heard nothing. So I convinced myself that they had already called people and I was 100% sure I didn't get the job. The next day the phone rang and it was BYU-Idaho calling to schedule a phone interview for the job. I was so relieved. They scheduled the interview for a week later.
Well, this morning I had my interview. It was very hard. They asked tough questions and I gave them the best answers I could. There were many times I wasn't sure how I was going to finish a sentence or my mind went completely blank. I felt so nervous and scatter brained. I didn't know how I did. Then at 3:30 this afternoon they called back and offered me the position. Eric and I are so happy and grateful that I got the job. We feel so blessed. I can't tell you how amazing it is to know that someone is watching over us. I have been completely humbled this year. When I found out I was pregnant, I wasn't sure how we were going to get by with me staying home. Then I was able to find someone willing to teach part time with meand then convince my principle to let us go part time. It has worked out so nicely.
Now that we are moving, we were worried again about how to earn money and take care of Aaron. I feel so blessed that I was able to get this job. I know it will be hard at times but I think I am prepared for it. We will have free housing and utilities for the next 2 years. I am so excited to work with the residents in the dorm. It will be a neat experience.
This whole thing just testifies to me that tithing really does work and that prayers are answered. I can't express enough what a wonderful thing this is for us.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Way to go. That will be a great job for you while Eric attends BYUI.
Angela we are so happy for you! I have some great memories of Dorm life so I can't believe your are going up there. It actually sounds like a lot of fun!
That is so neat. I know how much you really wanted that job.
Angela- congrats, that is awesome! It is amazing how everything just works out the way it is supposed to. We had many miracles when we moved in a jiffy to AZ from CA. How awesome to have free rent and utilities and a neat job that you can still be with Aaron. Good luck in ID and have a Merry Christmas up in TX!
Post a Comment