Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Update

Thanks to everyone for their comments on my last blog. I was having a tough day and used my blog to vent. I got some good ideas from you and things are definitely better. I think we have solved the problem with Aaron going to bed. Although unscrewing the light bulb would have worked it would be hard to do every night since the lightbulb is not easily accessible. So I went with the super nanny method. I honestly didn't believe that it was going to work because when I watch super nanny I see these kids getting out of bed 50-100 times. However, it worked! I sat outside Aaron's door the first night and every time he turned his light on I went in his room without saying a word and turned off the light and put him back in bed then I left. After about 20 times or so he finally gave up. By 9:00pm he was down for the night. By the next night he only turned on his light twice. Now most nights he doesn't turn on his light. I was scared that it was time to give up his nap during the day. He is not ready to lose that nap yet because the other day we were out until 3pm and he was cranky and begging for a nap. I just make sure I put him down for his nap a little earlier and not let him sleep too late.

I am still struggling with losing weight but I am still working hard. I went to the gym last Friday and I jogged for 3 miles and 40 minutes straight. I have never ever done that before and it felt great. I am slowly increasing my speed each week so hopefully I will be able to do that again and faster. I did gain a little weight this last week according to weight watchers but I think that was due to having Eric's sister, Bonnie, and her husband, Jarom, in town. We didn't eat that great, however, I know that I did try hard not to eat as much as I normally would have. I am counting on having a better weigh in this Saturday. I am trying not to stress over losing weight and just focus on getting more in shape and eating better and hopefully in time I will see a difference.
Thanks again for all your great comments!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad to hear that worked for you. We unscrew lightbulbs and shut doors and still have problems.

Marlo said...

so happy that bedtime is going better at your house... ours is complete chaos, but love it once they are all finally asleep!

Natalie said...

glad to hear the suggestions worked--I know how frustrating the sleep thing is--I found myself wishing for an infant instead of a toddler--by babies slept more than Ryan was. Super Nanny method is great, glad it worked for you. Good luck with the weight thing--I'm not welcoming trying to lose this next bought of "baby" weight. It seems to get harder every time--keep plugging away & just remember, it took months, even years to put on so it will take at least half that to come off! You can do it!