Saturday, May 9, 2009

No Baby yet

Yesterday morning we wen to the hospital super excited because we were going to have our baby. I guess things never work out the way you have planned.
We arrived at the hosptital at 7:30 am as planned and all was going well. I had gotten dressed and they started the IV with Pitocin around 8 or 8:30. They made the comment that the baby was very high and that hopefully the pitocin will get her to move down so they can break my water. Well around noon I had dilated from a 3 to a 4 with great progress and they decided to give me the epidural before breaking my water. So after having my epidural my Midwife checked me a couple of hours later and the baby had moved way up out of the pelvis and I was still a four. Basically we played the waiting game of more pitocin and maybe she will move. Well the checked me again at 5pm and still no progress. They then checked me at 9pm and still no progress. They turned off the pitocin and the epidural last night and I spent the night while waiting for the epidural to wear off.
They are going to check me one more time this morning and if the baby still hasn't moved down to a position that they can break the water then they will send me home today without a baby and we will try again next week.
This has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. I have been praying and praying that the baby would move down but she just doesn't want to. I really don't want to go home without a baby but I would rather that then go for a c-section. I am now going to walk around and bounce on a ball and see if that helps her move down at all. Hopefully she wants to come today! I will definitely keep you all posted when she does get here.

3 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

Oh man, are you serious?!! I am sooo sorry! I hope you get some action soon and if it does come down to a c-section, they really aren't that bad! Good luck! I hope you have that baby very soon!!!!

Martha said...

Angela that is so sad! Now I feel like I have no room to complain because at least I haven't been to the hospital and back with no baby. You are really a trooper. I hope everything goes well when she does decide to come!

Holladay Duplex said...

I'm so sorry!! This was my biggest fear...going to the hospital, and not coming home with a baby!! I hope you've had her by now and are just resting happily!!