Well Aaron is about 20 months old now and he loves to talk. He still doesn't say much that we can understand but we love listening to his baby talk because it is really cute. If he ever finds a phone he loves to pretend to talk on it. He also really loves to pray. He loves to get down on his knees and fold his arms and then start talking like he is praying. He is also really good about reminding us when we sit down to eat to pray first.
Aaron has learned a few words and signs so it is a little bit easier for us to communicate but it still can be very frustrating. It is funny how the majority of the words he knows start with the letter B. He can say "baby", "bath", "bubbles", "ball", "boo" & "bye-bye". However he is learning other words too like "hi", "daddy", "cheese", "nanna" for bannana and today I swear he said "cereal". He also can try to say "thank you" but you have to know what to listen for when he says that. We are trying to teach him to say mommy but he doesn't seem interested. Aaron can also sign for eat, drink, milk, bath, more, and all done. I love watching this little guy learn more and more every day and it is also reminding us that we need to be careful what we teach him.
Bedtime
I would like to brag a bit this next section because I am proud of myself. I have never been good about a bedtime routine with Aaron until just recently. Normally I would just get him in his p.j.'s and give him some milk and then it was off to bed. My new routine is:
bath time
P.J.'s
Give Aaron Milk & brush his teeth
clean up toys
pick up the rest of the apartment
vacuum
family prayer
good night kisses
off to bed
Aaron's bedtime is at 8pm and I usually start his bath between 7:00pm-7:15pm. I am proud that I have vacuumed my floor every night for the last 5 weeks. In the past I have always stressed out about not ever having a clean apartment because every single crumb shows up on our floor and there are toys all over the place. What is the point of cleaning up if your toddler is going to mess it right back up in a matter of seconds? I found that cleaning up before bed gives me a clean apartment to start off with every morning. It is also nice because by then Eric is home to help out with cleaning up and he will usually get the dishes done while I am vacuuming. I am amazed how much gets on our floor in just one day. This routine has made it so much easier to keep my apartment clean and picked up. I am proud of myself for sticking to it and I think it has made bed time a lot easier for Aaron because he knows once I am done vacuuming then it is time for bed.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That a great routine. I think my carpets would like it better if I vacuumed a little more around here.
He is so cute, that is great that he is learning all those words. And that is a great routine, way to go on the vacumming every night! Let me know when you guys will be down, it will be fun for these guys to get together!
Post a Comment