Saturday, February 7, 2009
What's for dinner?
I am trying to put together a menu for dinner for the next two weeks. I swear we have been eating the same old stuff every two weeks for the last 5 years and I am ready to try something different. It is no secret that I am not a good cook. I have a really hard time going through a cookbook to find new recipes because they are always too advanced for me. They either take too much time or require ingredients I have never heard of. So I thought I would ask you, the every day mom, what do you like to make for dinner. Please let me know what some of your favorites meals to cook for you families that are somewhat quick and easy. I would love to have new recipes that normal people actually cook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Do you like to cook crockpot meals? One easy crockpot - put some chicken breasts in and cover with a jar of salsa, and a can of black beans and anything else you like - corn, green chiles, etc. Cook on low all day - and you can do one of two things - put them in tortillas for chicken tacos, or serve over rice for salsa chicken and rice. If you make tacos, just add some sour cream, lettuce and cheese. If you like curry - email me and I'll send you my favorite crock pot curry meal. I also have an amazing chicken enchillada ring recipe that is SUPER EASY and is always a hit, and some incredible salads. I think I have them on my email, so I'll send them your way! Wow, this comment turned into a novel, sorry!
Michael and I have found that we are eating a lot of meals from a Pillsbury cookbook called 'Fast and Healthy Cookbook: 350 Easy recipes for everyday'. These are AWESOME recipes that have ingredients that you already have and the book doesn't put a plug in for Pillsbury products. Anyway, here is the link, I recommend the asparagus melts!
http://www.amazon.com/Pillsbury-Fast-Healthy-Cookbook-Recipes/dp/0764588621/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234070598&sr=8-1
I put together menus two weeks at a time also, and have discovered my saving grace:
http://www.simplifysupper.com
I poke around and see what looks good and mix a few of these recipes in with my good-old standbys. My other favorite, favorite resource is the Fix it and Forget it Cookbook- it's all crockpot recipes, and it's so user-friendly Lee likes to bust it out Sunday mornings and put dinner in before church. I LOVE when my man cooks!
Oh by the way, if you go to simplifysupper and see the Baked French Toast recipe for Friday Feb 6th- IT IS DIVINE. I tried it yesterday, and it is now my primary french toast recipe. YUM!
you can see the recipes from our ward....
wardrecipes.blogspot.com
This week we're having eggs rolls and fried rice, hamburgers, tacos, pancakes, and beef stew with rice...
I do have 1 maternity dress that you can try on that's black...or I have a white skirt that lasted the whole time I was pregnant....I can bring them to the craft group on Sat. if you'll be there
Hi Angela,
We have a few that my kids love. If you want the recipes, just email me at tamara.wheeler@yahoo.com
1. Sweet and Sour Meatballs---We eat this over Rice
2. Beef Stroganoff---We eat this over egg Noodles
I have a lot of picky kids, but every single person in the family eats these 2 meals. And both are real easy to make.
allrecipes.com is the most genius website ever. There are recipe suggestions but you can also do an ingredient search (say, hamburger) and it will bring up recipes with it that you can choose from. Seriously, I don't know how women cooked without the wide availability of free online recipes! If I ever get it updated, I also have an excel file of most of the recipes I use (usually five ingredients or less) that I'll send you.
We love this one: crockpot chicken tacos. 1 can cream of muchroon soup, 2 cups green enchilada sauce, 4 boneless skinless chkn breasts--dump all that in a crockpot on hi for about 3-3/12 hours (season chkn w/garlic salt & pepper--if you want to add a little heat, 2 tsp cumin & 2 tsp red chili powder!) When done, shred chkn and add back to the pot for another half hour. Ready to eat--put chkn mixture in corn tortillas topped w/pepper jack chz, limes, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, salsa--we love to add Zatarans brand black beans and rice. Enjoy!
My moms-Stroganoff- 1 lbs of ground hamberger meat with salt peper and onions add 2 cans of tamatoe sauce 1 can of tamatoe soup table spoon woostecher 1cub of Fresh mushrooms add in 1 package of egg noodles before serving add 1 cup of sour cream do not boil or wil seperate From Rebecca it's really good
Post a Comment