I still haven't found my camera and I am getting more and more nervous that it is gone for good. I really hope it turns up soon. So once again sorry for the lack of pictures.
Today was a beautiful fall day and I thought I would take Aaron out to experience the best part of fall. Right out side of our dorm is a big tree that has a lot of fallen leaves. At first Aaron didn't care much about the leaves until I picked some up and threw them at him. I did it a few more times and each time the smile on his face got bigger and bigger. He loved the dried up leaves on the ground. Soon he was picking them up and attempting to throw them. Then he started to try make me eat some. I had to tell him that it wasn't food. Since I feed Aaron he loves to feed me. He is always picking up a cracker or something and trying to make me eat it.
Aaron is definitely getting smarter. I finally feel that he understands me most of the time. Today he was throwing a bit of a fit and I asked him if he wanted to put on his "shoes" and go "outside" to play with his "ball." He immediately stopped his fit and walked into his room and brought out his shoe. I helped him put on his shoes and then I told him that he need his "jacket" and so he walked across the room and grabbed his jacket and handed it to me to help him put it on. He loves to go outside and play. I wonder how much longer we are going to be able to go outside to play. He sure doesn't talk yet but he is slowly picking up on signs. One day out of the blue he started to do the sign for more. Usually he uses it when he is done with one food and wants something else.
This past week he has had a fever come and go as the drugs wear off. In the middle of the night when we are tired and just want some sleep we will turn on the dvd player for him and run baby einstein on repeat play and just let it go for hours. He is watching "My first Signs" over and over again. I hope he picks up on some more signs from that show.
I know that it might sound bad that we put on a video but it keeps him happy and lets us get out sleep. We think he falls alseep after watching it a couple of times. One morning I woke around 6 am. I figured since the dvd player had been going for about 4 hours I should sneek in his room and turn it off. Much to my surprise he was sitting up in his crib watching the video. I am pretty sure he fell asleep during the video but when he woke up again, instead of crying and waking us up, he got distracted by the video. I think he is feeling better today so hopefully he will start sleeping through the night again. It has been hard not getting a good nights rest the last week. I am trying to figure out how I did it before when I was getting up two or three times a night with a new baby.
Pregnancy Update: So I am now 11 weeks (2 1/2 months) along and so ready to be done with this first trimester. I am always nauceous and tired. I probably throw up 2 or 3 times a week and the other times I am trying really hard not to throw up. It is no fun so far. I am really looking forward to the second trimester because as I remember that is when I started feeling somewhat back to normal besides the growing belly and I have some energy. I am really looking forward to when I can start feeling the baby move and possibly even see it moving. I remember those days where I would just lay on the couch and watch my bare belly moving all over the place. The best part of being pregnant is feeling that little one move around. Of course it can get hard when you approach your due date and you can't handle being kicked in the ribs one more time. My goal is to feel better by Thanksgiving.
We are excited for Thanksgiving because we get to go Texas for a week. We will be at Eric's parents home and it will be chaos as all of his siblings and their families will be coming home for Thanksgiving. It will be one big party. I am excited to see everyone and I am especially excited to reunite for the week with one of our family members, Sugar. We have missed our dog so much while up here in Rexburg but I know that she is getting spoiled by Eric's mom. It will be hard to convince her to come back home with us when the time is right. We do appreciate Eric's parents for watching over her for us.
Well thanks to all who read this long blog without pictures. I will keep looking for my camera and I guess I need to pull out my old one. I need to find that one too.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I noticed your baby counter has 200 baby days to go! I hope for your sake only a few more of them involve the pregnancy blahs. Feel better soon.
hi angela! aaron is getting so big-- and he is still super cute as always! nice to hear you are doing well-- although i miss fall, i'm kinda glad we're not in idaho where its snowing already! yikes! congrats on the new baby-- did you know we're having a suprise baby #4? yes! i'm about 14 weeks, and starting to feel like a human being again-- hang in there!
It is fun reading your blog even without the pictures! Hope you find your camera soon, though. I'm assuming that the melissa above is a friend of yours, and not your sister. It gave me a real start when I first read it. I had to go look back in older posts to see that our melissa's messages are under the petrini post. I couldn't figure out how she could be 14 weeks along when she just had a baby three months ago, but it is possible.
Post a Comment