Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chocolate Cake, YUM!

Today is Aaron's Birthday!!!

Birthday Part 1: Lake Powell
Last week we were in Lake Powell with my family. We threw him a birthday party early so we could celebrate it with them. We were on a house boat and it is impossible to bake a cake so we brought cupcakes. So what do you do when you are in the middle of a Lake Powell and you are throwing a birthday party and you forgot the wrapping paper? You wrap it in aluminum foil!
First gift was a big blue rubbery ball. Aaron is still trying to figure out what to do with it. He does like to play with balls. He is getting better at picking them up and trying to throw them to us. It is way cute!



Here is a video showing Aaron eating his cake. I love how his cousin Alex is trying to steal some of it. This video also shows him eating his cake tonight. He really liked it. My favorite part is the end when he decides that his hands aren't helping and he will just stick his face in it. I hope you enjoy the movie.



Birthday Part 2: July 15,2008
Happy Birthday Aaron!
How do you let your 1 year old know it is a special day? You wake them up with a present. This is Aaron opening up his first present of the day.


Today he got a lot of books. He likes looking at them but we don't have enough of them to keep him occupied during church. I hope this will keep him quiet for the next 6 months until nursery.
It's a Xylophone! He knew he had to bang it. We just need to teach him how to bang it with the mallet. He loves it anyway.
Cake is good!
This is his sign for "all done"We didn't know how to start cleaning up that mess so we just stuck him in the bath tub and let the cake fall off of him. :)

8 comments:

britentj said...

HOW CUTE!! How did you speed it up? That makes home videos so much more fun to watch!! love how he just started chowing down without his hands!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Happy B-day Aaron! I thought about you guys yesterday. I am just loving that we have cute little guys the same age. It is funny how different every baby is. It looks like you guys had a fun day, and I love that he got all messy eating his cake. Lance was quite clean, spence and I kept saying - "get more dirty!" I guess it didn't help that I had white cake with white icing, that in itself is a lot cleaner. Hopefully we'll get to meet cute Aaron soon. Is he walking yet? Lance not even close, but he is getting pretty fast at scooting!

melissa said...

wow! I can't believe he's a year old! happy birthday little guy! You guys look great, and he sure is a sweetie!so glad things are going well for you up there in Idaho! :)

The Petrini Post said...

Happy Birthday little man! How time flies! I loved the video...especially Alex trying to steal his cake. Ihope you guys had a fabulous time in LP and his B-day. Take care!

The Stanford Bunch said...

Hi Angela, do you remember me from BYUI? It's been a long time! Kiersten suggested you as my friend on facebook but anyway, it was good to find your blog and see what you are up to and see your cute family!

Mistie (Rogers) Stanford =)

Sharon said...

We celebrated his birthday in Lake Powell. I'm sorry I forgot about his real birthday. I haven't been following the dates while I have been in Maryland helping Melissa with her new baby. It looks like he had a great time with the birthday cake. I hope he didn't get a tummy ache. Give Aaron a big hug and a "Happy Birthday" from me. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Aaron is so cute! Happy Birthday to the cutie pie!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Anglea - HELP! I remember a few posts back you talked about weening Aaron off of breast milk. I don't know how to do it - Lance HATES whole milk and formula. Are you totally done BFing him? I still do morning and night and then during the day he will drink juice or water, but I don't think he is getting enough milk, and I don't know how to ween him - do you have any tips for me? Email me if you can: ktaggart1@hotmail.com
Thanks, Katie!