Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We are outta here

I am happy to announce that Eric has found an internship which will hopefully turn into a full time job. He will be working as a Forensic Accountant and CBIZ in Bakersfield, CA. If you don't know what that is you will have to ask him. It has something to do with investigating fraud and working with the legal system, or something like that. You will have to ask him.
We will be moving right during Christmas time. I have a feeling that we won't have much of a Christmas this year. Eric has been applying for internships all semester and when CBIZ came to campus a couple of months ago Eric wanted an interview. He couldn't sign up for an interview though because he did not meet the GPA requirement so he just showed up and asked the guy for an interview. The interviewer gave up his lunch to see Eric and he had a great interview. He was so excited about his interview that when he came home I was out in the dorm doing clean checks and he found me so he could tell me about it. After waiting for almost 2 months he was sure he wasn't going to get the internship because he knew that hundreds had also interviewed for four positions. We even considered staying in Rexburg when Eric was offered an internship here with a local accounting firm. A few weeks ago Eric received a phone call letting him know they were considering him for the position. Then later that week Eric got a letter offering him the position.
I am so excited for Eric that he was able to get the internship that he wanted. If he does well with this internship then he will most likely get a job offer. In today's job market that is so nice. :)
Over our thanksgiving break Eric and I took a trip to Bakersfield, CA to look for a house to rent. We looked at 5 different houses and the very last house we looked at we knew we wanted it. We are so excited that we were able to sign the lease on the house before we left. It was a quick trip but we got a small taste of what the next chapter of our life will look like and we are so excited. We will arrive in Bakersfield on December 20th. Here are some pictures for our friends and family to see although I don't think the pictures give the house justice. I think it is beautiful and the perfect set up for our situation right now. It is at the end of a cul-de-sac so it is very private. It has a big backyard for the kids and Sugar (we get her back!!). It has 3 bedrooms so I don't have to worry about the kids waking each other up until the next kid comes. :) It has 2 bathrooms and a big kitchen that over sees the living room and the sink looks out to the backyard. It also has a lot of counter space. I am also excited to have my own laundry room again. I am also happy that the dinning area has tile and not carpet so my kids can be messy and not mess up the carpet. The living area is carpeted so I can get on the floor with my kids and play comfortably. Okay, I will stop and just say that we are sooooooooooooooooo excited to be in a house again and out of the dorm.







10 comments:

Candice said...

Congratulations! This is very exciting news. It sounds like you'll be very happy in California. The house looks great!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Congrats to Eric. So happy he got the internship he wanted, especially in this economy. Good luck in your new adventure in California. When we lived in Cali we didn't live too far away from Bakersfield. You'll love the warm weather, especially coming from Rexburg!

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

Congratulations to all of you! We are so excited for you to be "moving on" from school life. Looks like a great home and yard too.

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stanford Bunch said...

WOW!!! That is a really cute house! Congrats on the job and the house and good luck on the move! Merry Christmas!

Kimberly said...

What a move up in teh world! Life really changes when you move out of the school phase. Your house looks great!

Lisa said...

Congrats to your fam!!! How exciting to move into a house! I'm sure you guys will love all the extra space. We bought our first house this past April and just love it. When does Eric's internship start?!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Congrats! Your new house looks beautiful!

Holladay Duplex said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I'm so jealous of your house, but our day will come (right? RIGHT??). But that's really, really exciting.

Now you just need to come take a day trip down to San Diego!

Malesa said...

Wow! What a gorgeous house!
Congratulations on getting such a great internship. Great things happening for your family.