You guys probably don't really need to know this but I will share it with you anyway. At first I didn't like the idea of a private blog because it is so fun when I find old friends through blogging. I wanted to leave my blog open for those people who I haven't talked to in years to find me. I think this has been a great way to reconnect and see how my dear old friends were doing. I also wanted to let them know how I was doing. Of course, I was a little ignorant. I was thinking that no one would see my blog if they didn't know me. I know that isn't true. But, in my mind, my blog was only for family and friends to see. Well last week I posted a blog of all the things that I have to deal with at my home which also happens to be my job. It has been so crazy and stressful that I wanted to share with my family and friends my frustrations.
Well, someone from the school immediately found my blog through a google news alert and I was contacted about it and told to take it down. The school does not like anything negative posted about the school so they may up hold their reputation. I totally understand that. Although I couldn't help but feel violated. I felt like my blog was seen by people I did not want to look at. My supervisors and all sorts of leaders here at the school were looking at my blog. That is awkward. This experience also made me realize that anyone can find my blog and find out information about me. I need to be more careful about what type of information I display about myself on the internet.
I felt it was time for me to set my blog to private so that I may continue to share my thoughts and feelings with you and not have to worry about the wrong people finding it. I know you have to go through the extra step of signing in to see it but I hope that won't stop you from visiting my blog. If you know anyone else that would like to see my blog please send me their email.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What a cute new design! I guess it is true you never know. I went visiting teaching this morning to my friend and we caught up on things over the last summer, but really I already knew everything because I read her blog.
That's funny...(what kim said) but hey, I will get around to making my private soon...when I have a spare moment to do it. Cute new look...where and who did you change your format? My blog is in desparate need of a make-over.
I meant to say where and how did you change it..not who.
Craig has always been a stickler about keeping our blog private, he doesn't want strangers getting private information about us, and I know it would be really easy to find us just from some of the small details we put out there. We both feel like our lives are safer if blogging stays private. Cute new format, I need to update my blog format too one of these days...
Wow. I seriously can't believe that what you said could in any way be construed negatively about BYU. I really thought it was so mild. But it really made me think about who is reading my blog!! I try not to use our last name in connection with our first names...but you see it all the time anyway when I talk about going to the "Hansens" etc. I'm really going to have to think about going private.
Now I know I have a good excuse for not doing a blog. HeHeHe. I missed the blog that they asked you to remove. I'm really curious about it.
Too bad you have to go private, but I would probably do the same. At least I can still view your blog! It is a fun way to keep in touch.
Like your mom, now I am real curious about the blog entry you had to remove. lol
I personally can not take my blog to a private blog. We have ads on ours, have directed it a bit towards helping others who will be in the same situation as us and hope to make enough money through our blog to help move us home at some point.
But I do have to say, that I have gotten a few nasty emails regarding my blog. And after the first one, it took me a bit to get over it. It really shook me up. So, it is true, you never know who is out there and who is reading.
I love your blog and whether private or public, I will continue to read. :)
Post a Comment