Friday, June 13, 2008

Things that are exciting to me...

Well we have a few new things going on. I am sure it is not exciting for you guys but they are the small and simple things that make life easier for me.

First: Aaron has a couple of teeth that have finally cut through. When we went to his 3 month appointment the pediatrician told us that he was definitely teething because he was drooling and chewing his hand. So we thought, "his teeth should coming in a couple of months." Well here he is almost 11 months and finally he has his bottom teeth. I don't have a good picture of them yet because they are still growing in. When you can see them really well I will take a picture.

Second: Last weekend we got Aaron a forward facing car seat. He has totally grown out of his infant car seat. He is tall enough and weighs enough so we decided to go buy him a new car seat. He loves it. He can see everything that is going on. I love it because it so much easier to help him from the passenger seat.

Third: I am almost done nursing. I have absolutely loved nursing Aaron but there have definitely been some hard times when it comes to nursing. I tried giving him regular milk to see how he handles it and he seemed to like it so I am now down to nursing once a day. By next week I plan on him being completely weaned. YEA!!

Fourth: I worked out four days this week so far! I am still working on losing this baby weight. I started weight watchers this week. So I am trying to eat better and I am also trying to work out more. Monday and Wednesday I did weight training for my class and Tuesday and Thursday I did a half hour of the elliptical machine. Did sleep in this morning because I am so tired but I am going to try to go tomorrow morning. I am going to Lake Powell in three weeks with my family and I need to lose 10 pounds before I go. I don't want to totally gross out my family. :)

Fifth: I am going to Lake Powell in three weeks. It is not summer without a Lake Powell trip. I missed last year because I had a baby instead.

Sixth and Last: I have never been one to read for fun. I am trying to be better so I decided to try out the "Twilight" series. I am almost done with the first book. I am proud of myself for trying to be better at reading. I still could improve because it is taking me a few weeks to read this book but it is better than not reading at all. I like the book so far.

Like I said, they are very small and simple things but they each are making life more interesting for me.

6 comments:

Stephenie said...

Sounds like things are going well. Lake Powell should be a lot of fun. Be careful with the cows milk. If you give it to them before their first birthday, it can cause alergies. Their stomachs aren't mature enough to handle it until they are at least one.

Kimberly said...

I am counting down until Lake Powell. I feel like I missed out on summer vacations last year too!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Angela - that is so exciting about Aaron's teeth. Finally someone who knows how I feel - I have thought Lance was getting his teeth in for 6-7 months, and if finally just getting in his bottom two too! Such simple things, but so fun! I am excited to get Lance his forward sitting car seat, I think he will love looking out as well. Are you guys going to be in Utah at all in August? I want to see Aaron so bad - we need to get a picture of those b-day buddies! And great job with the whole working out thing, I need to take a lesson from you! Great job!

Cindy & Billy said...

I'm excited for Lake Powell. I say don't worry about the extra ten pounds you'll still be skinier then me which means you will look great. I'm excited to see you all in the next few weeks.

Wii are the Nelsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wii are the Nelsons said...

cute blog, would you guys mind having a link to your blog on the ward blog....leave a comment there if you don't mind

http://78thward.blogspot.com/

Maryanne Nelson